CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

November 23, 2011

Being 5

Here are a few things we love about Rett right now:
*His chubby hands!  I love them - especially when he'll hold my hand.
*We all love his smile (along with everyone else!)
*The funny things he says...for instance, he just came in and showed me a drawing he just did.  I asked him what it was and he said a Possum Son.  Huh?!
*He says the sweetest things and tells me I look pretty.
*I love it when he's concentrating - he sticks his tongue out.
*He can be such a big helper - when he wants to be.
*His laugh.  Oh, his giggle gets me everytime!  He loves to laugh and gets the giggles quite often during family prayer.  It's so hard to discipline sometimes cause his laugh makes us laugh!
*His imagination - it's wild!
*How inquisitive he is.  He will ask a million questions until he gets the answer he wants.
*And although it can drive us crazy at times, we love his energy and zest for life.

Rett's favorite things:
*Iron Man - he could watch Iron Man 2 over and over and over....and over.
*Favorite meal:  Breakfast is scrambled eggs, Dinner is spagettios (YUCK!), Lunch is
bread with just jam on it
*Candy:  Kit Kats.  Hands down!
*Teasing and rough-housing with Brynlee
*Nerf guns
*Motorcycles & cars
*Stories - Bryn has even been reading to him.
*His grandparents
*Treats - asks for them at least 20 times a day.  I swear he's a bottomless pit!

Rett's birthday was pretty low key - like Brynlee's this year.  He got to go to preschool and I made Rice Krispy Treats for him to take.  He had a lot of fun.  He had told me that he wanted a red cake with blue frosting.  So, I got this crazy idea to make the cake and frosting from scratch.  And for those of you who really know me.....I am not a very great cooker/baker.  But I attempted a red velvet cake and everyone said it was good (they're so nice).  I wish I could make darling cakes, but the thought was definitely there.  Garrett helped me make the whole thing and was a great helper.  Then he and I watched cars, played with friends and had our families along with Mandee and Clint over for cake and icecream.  We're so lucky to have such great people in our lives. 














0 comments: