CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

November 4, 2011

Being Thankful: Day 4

Friends.  I am so thankful for my close friends.  I have always held my friends close and really cherish them.  Great and true friends are hard to come by, but I've been lucky to have some of those.  There are two that have been completely incredible the last few months and I could never express to them what they mean to me.  One old and one new.

Mandee has been one of my closest friends since 9th grade - when we became locker partners.  We've been there for each other through break ups, "runaways", weddings, babies, crazy mom moments, sickness, struggles and happy times.  She has really been there for me a lot - especially since we're next door neighbors.  She has been there when I needed someone to talk to.  She even painted my toes and colored my hair a few days before I had Brody so that I would feel pretty.  I love our girls nights - especially the ones where we fight over who is paying and make a big scene at the theatre kiosk (insert "cough" where I mutter MANDEE!! ha ha!) I'm so lucky to have her as a friend.

Alli is one of my newest friends.  My boss hired her in February and we have become fast & close friends.  I adore her.  And I can't believe we haven't even known each other a year yet.  I feel like I've known her for years!  I enjoy our "free therapy sessions" at work and our late night text messages about anything.  I know that our paths crossed for a reason.  We've both been through some of the same trials and that has been amazing having someone to talk to that can relate to what you're going through.  She is so thoughtful:  I had a really rough/bad day a few weeks ago.  That afternoon, I got a knock on the door and there stood Alli with a pizza in one hand and cupcakes in the other.  I cried. 
 
I have been blessed with some great friends.  I really hope they know how much I cherish their friendships and I hope that I am a great friend to them.  I just love them!

0 comments: