CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

November 12, 2011

Being Thankful: Day 12

Bry has been helping his brother frame his basement the last couple of Saturdays and so I have been trying to come up with some fun stuff for the kids to do.  And since today was very cold and yucky, I had to figure out something inside which can be challenging.  Yesterday I went to the craft store with Mandee and got a few things to "craft".  We were both in the crafting mood and bought material to make the girls skirts.  I bought some scraps they had in a basket and then popsicle sticks (I really had no idea what to do with the sticks but figures there's got to be something on the internet for the kids to make with them!).  So, today I found some little tutorials for Christmas wreaths and snowflakes.  The kids had fun painting them and I enjoyed putting them together for them.

But I'm ashamed to say that it was a little stressful for me too.  Those two were so hyper all day - must have been the storm??  Brynlee got paint on her school pants and Rett got into the paint when I was cleaning up (after he had taken his paint shirt off) and painted on his nice shirt.  It wasn't my best "mommy moment".  I got mad at the kids and put myself in time out....in my room....with the door locked.  I felt awful for getting mad at them because they were having fun and I just ruined it.  But when I went to apologize to them, they were like "It's cool mom.  Thanks for painting with us."  Sheesh - why can't I fogive that easily??

So, today I'm thankful for forgiving children who will hopefully forget what a crazy mom I can be at times.  And I'm thankful for those little lessons I learn from them on pretty much a daily basis.

At least I did take pictures during a "less stressful" moment - and I'm glad that I did.









 Yes, even I got a little crafty and learned how to make these!  Cute hair clips for me and Bryn.


0 comments: