CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

November 19, 2011

Being Thankful: Day 19

I go every 3 months to the doctor for my cancer check up.  And every time I go in I get a knot in the pit of my stomach.  Almost every appointment he finds another spot he wants to take off - just to be safe.  But for those next 3 weeks until the biopsy results come in, I'm nervous.  But I have been so blessed that every appointment since my last surgery in October 2010, I have been given a clean bill of health.  No cancer.  I had another appointment in October and had 2 more spots removed that looked similar to the spot that turned out to be Melanoma.  I was scared to death.  They both popped up while I was pregnant, but I wouldn't let him take them then because I was too nervous of finding something out while I was still pregnant (I know - pretty dumb!)  But when I got the call that everything was fine, I felt so completely grateful.  I am so thankful for good health and that I have another day with my little family.

0 comments: