I love to sing. Always have.
I have a hard time getting up and bearing my testimony, so when I get to sing in sacrament meeting it's my way of putting my testimony into words. Beautiful words. Today was our ward conference and I had the opportunity to sing one of my favorite hymns in Sacrament Meeting - "I know that my Redeemer lives". I got a call from the bishop on Friday night asking if I would sing. I was nervous because I only had a day to prepare and with it being ward conference....more pressure! I had actually picked out a different song to sing, but when I went and practiced with my accompanist we both looked at each other and knew that wasn't the song I was supposed to sing. We went through a couple more songs and then this song just came to us. We went through it once and she said "that's the one you're supposed to sing". I'm afraid I was too emotional while singing. I've got to figure out how to not get so emotional! ha ha
I am so thankful for talents and the opportunities our Father provides for us to share those talents. And I'm thankful that He blessed me with a way to share my testimony.
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment