CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

November 21, 2011

Being Thankful: Day 21

I love Family night.  We aren't the best at it, but that's something we want to improve on. Tonight, my heart was softened.  Bry and I have been watching a lot of church videos and Mormon messages lately, so I was happy to hear that he had borrowed the Joseph Smith movie from Rod for Family night.  It's one of my favorite church videos....and I even had one of the quotes from that movie in our old house - "Happiness is what God intends for us".

Anyway, while we were watching, it came to the part where Joseph and some other men were in Liberty Jail ....they were cold, some were sick, they felt the Lord had forgotten about them....  Brynlee looked at me and said with tears in her eyes "Mom, they should pray."  Of course I became emotional.  I see the importance in Family Home Evening - in the things we teach our children.  They were both watching so intently.  When it was over, Rett asked if we could watch it again.  I'm thankful that Bry made the effort to have family night and I'm thankful for the sweet spirits our kids have.

0 comments: